Should I get restylane injections?

I'm 19 and always had deep tear troughs making me very self conscious. I have very thin skin and dark circles under my eyes. Will restylane make it worse? My doctor said she could use the leftover restylane in the syringe for my upper lip for better symmetry (at my request). Would you advise using the same syringe in more than one area? I have an event 2 days after my appt. Should I reschedule? I don't usually bruise easily but I'm nervous what to expect in terms of bruising. Thank you!

Should i get restylane

filler is a great option for the treatment of hollowness under the eyes.  Injector preference differs from one injector to the next on the type of filler to use.  if you have very thin skin sometime belotero may be a better option in that area.  I strongly encourage use of arnica (anti-bruising) suppliments to be used before and after the treatment, but i would still clear more than 2 days from your calander.  Good Luck

Restylane

Restylane may be helpful. It's best if you are seen by an experienced injector (plastic surgeon for example) who can assess you in person and make recommendations

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

There are many options for treatment. I think you should consider a combination of fillers and lasers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fillers for Tear Trough and Lips

Thank you for sharing your question. If the darkness under your eyes is strictly due to a shadow, then fillers will be very helpful. If your skin has extra pigmentation in that area or if it is thin and exposes the blood vessels, then fillers will be less effective. It is common practice to inject fillers in multiple facial regions. Make sure to see an experienced expert injector. Good luck.

Restylane

Restylane is an excellent solution for lower eyelid hollows.  However, without a photo or seeing you in person it is hard to say if you are a good candidate.  It is fine to use the same syringe in different areas of the face at the same visit.
Bruising is possible after any injectable filler, so you may want to schedule your treatment when you have some time to recover.  However, bruising can easily be covered by makeup.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane for Tear Troughs and Lips

Without a consultation, it is impossible to know if you are a good candidate for filler injections into either area. However, using one syringe for multiple areas on the face is within the normal practice of most injectors.

It is definitely possible to bruise after either area is injected. If cannulas are used the likelihood will be much less. Your lips will be swollen if you have them injected. An event in two days may be risky in terms of visibility of swelling.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for Tear Troughs and Lips

Depressed tear troughs respond very well to Restylane or Juvederm and certainly you can share the same syringe that you'll use for your lips.  Tear troughs only require a small amount.  Though most patients don't bruise, there is a definite risk of bruising after the injection so you might consider delaying your treatment if the upcoming event is very important.  I also advise my patients to avoid all blood thinning medicines (ie advil, motrin, E, aspirin, etc) for ten days before (though few do) and I apply ice before and immediately after the treatment.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Lower lid and fillers

First, filers can help tear trough issues. But, bruising around the eye is pretty common and if you have an event in two days, you may want to do it after the event.

Restylane for tear troughs

Restylane injections can improve the appearance of deep tear troughs.  Any extra Restylane can be used for your lips.  Please make sure your doctor is experienced in treating the tear trough area.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Restylane for tear troughs

Thanks for this question.

Restylane fine lines is a great product for tear troughs. It lasts a long time, at least one year. It doesn't take away all of the dark circles. It only improves the dark circles from the shadow of the deep trough. I use a cannula as this improves the safety. It should be done by someone experienced as this is an expert area. Most patients don't bruise but they may and I warn all patients to not have a significant event for 7 days.
The product that is not used can be used in the lips, although you may want to leave some for a touch up of your eyes in two weeks.