Do I need osteotomies to slim my bridge? (photos)

I had tiplasty for bulbous tip 5 months ago love the results. However I asked my surgeon for osteotomies to slim my bridge but the surgeon convinced me I didn't need it. Please tell me if you think my bridge is too wide? I'd like a defined one with lines. My bridge gets wider and less bridge definition when I smile as well. Always wanted a slimmer bridge is my dream. I've always felt my bridge was too wide. Do I need it? Please go with my face not my surgeons opinion. Thank you.

Too early to tell

Honestly, it is still too close to your surgery to be able to determine what is swelling and what is not.  Your bridge may  look like it's getting narrower as that swelling goes down. If you're still not satisfied after a year from your original procedure then you could consider having a revision with osteotomies.  For now, you just have to be patient and trust your surgeon. 

Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Osteotomies?

I would wait at  least a year before considering further surgery. You still may have a fair amount of swelling. Best of luck.

Do I need osteotomy's to slim my bridge?

Before making any decisions about osteotomies, it's probably best to wait at least a year after the primary rhinoplasty to allow all  of the swelling to subside from the nasal tip. Once the nasal tip is finished healing, then it's important to look at the relationships between the tip the bridge line. A full set of photographs that are in focus are required  along with an in-person examination/consultation. For more information about osteotomies and narrowing a wide nose, please see the link and the video  below

Wide nasal bridge

Sienna

Your nasal bridge is not wide and ,in fact, if it was made  narrower it would make the base ( lower third ) of your nose seem wider.  The only part of your nose which widens with smiling is the lower third of your nose and this is normal

Thanks

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon