Do I have tubular breasts? (Photo)

do i have tubular breast ?

Not tubular

You don’t appear to have tubular breasts because I don’t see any constriction of tissue around your areolae to give it a tuberous shape. Your breast crease (inframammary fold) is also prominent. However the photo quality is a little fuzzy so it’s difficult to say for sure. It looks like your breasts are affected by sagging, though, and are asymmetric in size and shape.

Not classic tubular breasts

Dear sally611,
Although you have one characteristic of tuberous breast deformity, the constricted fold, you do not have classic tuberous breasts.  Your breasts are just underdeveloped and would do nicely with an augmentation.  Good luck!

Do I have tubular breasts?

Based on your photo I do not see evidence of tubular breasts.  You do have an asymmetry with slight ptosis or sagging of the right breast but I do not see the classic features of tuberous breast.  I would suggest that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the possibility of breast augmentation and possibly a small lift of the right breast.  For more on asymmetry please read below:

Tuberous breasts?

Hello.  As with many issues, it is difficult to tell without examining you in person.  You appear to have some characteristics of a tuberous breast but not the textbook definition.  These issues exist on a spectrum, and you likely fall on the milder end of that spectrum.  If you are looking to change the size or shape of your breasts, you would be a candidate for augmentation with a breast implant.  This may involve scoring of the lower breast tissue or removing skin around the areola similar to a tuberous breast surgery depending on what your breast tissue is like in person.  One thing to be aware of is that your breasts are spaced widely apart on your chest.  This is a variable that cannot be changed regardless of the size of the implant.  I definitely recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Tubular Breast?

Treatment of tuberous breasts varies depending on the degree of the breast architectural distortion. Surgical correction typically involves: -areolar reduction
-submuscular augmentation
-release of constricted breast tissue All of these techniques work in concert to correct the tuberous deformation of the breast.  Based upon your photos alone, it is difficult to determine whether you definitively have a tuberous breast. You do have some of the qualities commonly associated with tuberous breast including an elevated fold some constriction especially in the lower pole. There is also some degree of ptosis/sagging. Irrespective of the diagnosis, you might benefit from augmentation, in order to obtain a larger and more aesthetically appealing contour.As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Do I have tubular breasts?

From your pics I would not diagnose you with tubular breasts. Your breasts are small.  The high inframammary fold is consistent with a  small breast configuration. Breast augmentation is an option a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon would offer you.

Tubular breast correction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
I recommend you perform a Tubular Breasts Correction with Breast Augmentation using silicon implants, at the same surgical time.

There is a surgical technique for Tuberous Breasts correction, by which it is arranged the tuberous areolar ring from inside, without requiring areolar reduction. In this technique we also need silicon implants, to get a better Breast volume and projection.

Therefore it is very important that the plastic surgeon who will perform the surgery, has the skills and vast experience in this type of procedure.
Send your photos to give you more advices.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tubular breasts

Thanks for reaching out.  It doesn't look like you have tubular breasts in the scrictest definition.  But it does however look like you have one of the characteristics of a tubular breast, a high inframammary fold.  A breast augmentation with a breast specialist will improve the aesthetics of your breast.  You will likely need your IMF lowered.
I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breast

unlikely, but even if you do if you want an augmentation it would be a good surgery and you should look better -- if you want larger breasts. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tubular Breast

From the limited views of your breasts, it does appear that way.  You would benefit from placement of a breast implant, radial scoring of the lower pole of the breast, and plus or minus a cirumareolar mastompexy.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon