Nose gets wider and swollen after my surgeon puts new bandages on my nose! Is it normal?

Hello,I had a rhinoplasty about 3 weeks ago,and when my surgeon put my new bandage to hold the cartilages in my 1st week after surgery,my nose looked lovely,slimmer,but 2days later my nose looked wider and swollen than before!When he put a new bandage on my 2nd week,the same thing happened.I know it's too early but it's bugging me a lot,since I liked my nose very much and he said that my final result would be like when he put the bandages.My nose has thick skin and the rhinoplasty was closed.

Nose getting wider

The nose tip might appear wide and swollen after applying tape and that is normal and temporary. RegardsDr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and swelling

It sounds like you are swollen which is very normal in the early post-op period.  Best to give it time to settle.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

It takes weeks to months for all the swelling to subside following Rhinoplasty surgery.   What you have described is not uncommon in the early healing phase.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD