I'm 2 months post closed rhinoplasty. How much will the swelling decrease until the final result? (Photo)

Hello, I'm 2 months pos op to slim my bulbous nose and nostrils and I would like to know if my nose will be less swollen until the final stages of the healing process and if my nose skin will be less 'harsh'(I can feel my nose skin, specially the columella, stiff or 'hard', like its stretched all the time, and there are some movements with my mouth that I can clearly feel my nose skin stretched). Thank you.

Rhinoplasty and swelling

It can take a year or longer for the swelling to subside after a rhinoplasty. You have to be patient with the results.  Good luck.

2 months post rhinoplasty

It is not uncommon in the early stages of rhinoplasty recovery to see some asymmetries.  Often these asymmetries resolve themselves during the healing period.  It is usually 6 months before the nose is completely healed.  Even though it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Just a little time

It has been only two months, I can feel your concerns but if you can wait few more months you will be able to see that tip of your nose will become more soft and swollen parts will be more smooth.. Also please get in a contact with your doctor just in case.. Good luck!

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD