Laser hair removal for beard area?

Hi, I have a thick and coarse black beard, my complexion is quite fair. My ideal outcome would be to just make the beard hairs thinner while keeping pretty much the same density. Do you think it is possible to achieve that with a laser, I mean just thinner hairs and spread out in an even way? Or the results are inevitably patchy? Do you think if I do just 1 or 2 treatments at a low frequency could help me achieve that? Any comment on this would be much appreciated. Thanks George

Laser Hair Removal -- Takes a series of treatments -- BEARD AREA

I suggest seeing an expert for treatment options.  This area is easily treated with lasers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Trying to thin beard hair with laser

I have not been a advocate of the laser for the beard area. I think it leaves patchy hair growth. If shaven, the skin looks abnormal because there are dark and light patches. I don't think what you want to do is possible but you could try. Low energy might be the way to go for you.

Steven F. Weiner, MD