Do a need a full Tummy tuck or mini? I'm planning have lipo next year but don't know if a just have lipo or what. (photos)

Im about to have surgery but don't know what to get done! I only have one child and planning have 2 more but, I want to looks a little be better so I decide go to get fix it until a Start thinking have another child! I wants to know If I must go for the Tummy tuck pr jost ask for lipo. :-(

Tummy tuck better option

Because you appear to have many stretch marks and lax skin, a tummy tuck would be more suitable for you. Liposuction alone would just leave you with saggier skin that would hide the results of your surgery. In my opinion, I don’t think it would be worth it. However, because you’re planning to have another child, you may want to consider waiting until after you’ve had children since it can negatively affect your results.

Liposuction vs tummy tuck

This can be confusing- full abdominoplasty would give best results for a flatter tummy. However, if you are planning more children, you should wait.

In the meantime, you can do Vaser ultrasound liposuction with or without removing the lower skin only (no muscle tightening) for marked improvement with an easier recovery.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.

Full or mini tummy tuck?

Thanks for your question and the photos. From your picture you look like a good candidate for full. Mini would not take away nearly as much loose skin or allow as much muscle tightening. Your PS will be able to confirm this with an examination and pinch test. While you can have children after having a tummy tuck, most women wait until they are done having children to avoid the need to repeat the surgery. 

I have include below FAQ about TT as well. Hope it helps and best wishes.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

The procedure of choice would be a full abdominoplasty.  You have an overhanging panniculus plus a diastasis.  Liposuction would be an add-on procedure.  If you are planning to have more children in the short run, then I would recommend deferring surgery.  However, if the condition of your abdomen is really disturbing to you, you could have the operation in the understanding that followup surgery might be necessary to maintain the gains.  Liposuction alone would result in even more sagging in the midline.

Full tummy tuck

Thanks for the question.

In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Abdominoplasty

I would recommend that you wait until you are finished having children to plan your abdominal surgery. Based on your photos you appear to be a great candidate for full Abdominoplasty but not liposuction alone. Abdominoplasty will allow for the removal of excess skin and tightening of separated abdominal muscles.

Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon

All the best

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question.  If you are definitely planning to have another child, then wait on the surgery.  With that being said, based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Do a need a full Tummy tuck or mini? I'm planning have lipo next year but don't know if a just have lipo or what.

Loss of skin elasticity and skin sagging occurs due to effects of gravity over time. These problems can be seen in any part of body but especially in abdominal area. Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is a surgical procedure to make the abdomen thinner and more firm. It consists of removing excess skin and fat tissue and muscle repairing if required. In some patients it can be combined with liposuction. There are several variations of tummy tuck surgery like regular tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck each designed to target certain areas of the abdomen. During the procedure the incision will be made low at about the same level as your pubic hair for the scar to be hidden under bikini level. For improved tightening of the upper abdomen a small incision around belly button might be necessary. Placement of the belly button is very important for a beautiful belly. Tummy tuck operation is also a surgical choice for patients whom want to get rid of love handles. Our experienced plastic surgeons will explain these options and help you find out best treatment plan to reach satisfactory results.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Do you need a full or mini TT?

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Full tummy tuck

If you are thinking of having another child, then i would put off the surgery. It looks like you would benefit from a full tummy tuck.