Can I have Fat Transferred to a dent in my arm from skin cancer removal 3 years ago?

The dent looks weird, size of a quarter. Fat or other fillers?

Doctor Answers 3

Fillers for a dent

Yes.  I have used fat transfer for this exact purpose with excellent results.  You could also utilize a filler such as Bellafill which is permanent. 

Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 46 reviews

Fat grafting to arm

Fat grafting to the arm works very well assuming the location and nature of the contour deformity are optimal. In other words, I agree you need a consultation in person.  That being said, I have grafted many patients who have "dents" in the arm from resolution of vascular lesion, and it has worked great.  My patients are very happy.  Good luck and et that consult!

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Fat grafting

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  Fat grafting can be used for this situation in the right patient.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 92 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.