Is it possible to make my eyes even?

I have two "different" eye types. Theyre very uneven and it bothers me a lot. What would I be able to do to fix this? Surgery? Eye muscle training? PS: I did some research. When I look in the mirror, I'm not bothered by it. In fact, I sometimes don't notice it at all. But in pictures and videos, where everything is "flipped" (aka what the world see's) sucks :/

Doctor Answers 2

Uneven eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi Djuducake

It appears you are concerned about your droopy left upper eyelid. If you were to scrutinize anyone's face you probably would be able to find some degree of facial asymmetry. Sometimes it is easier to spot the asymmetry in the eyes as this is the focus of attention in many people. Surgery is certainly an option and sometimes even botox may help.

This is most likely just due to normal changes that have happened to you over time. However If this lid droop is something that just happened recently or associated with any other signs or symptoms, I would recommend a thorough evaluation by an oculoplastic surgeon. Good Luck!

Plano Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial Asymmetry and Ptosis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi djudjucake,
Thanks for your question and photos. In your pictures, I can appreciate mild ptosis (drooping) of your left upper eyelid and some facial asymmetry. Everyone has some degree of facial asymmetry. The asymmetry of your face causes your left eye to sit slightly lower and deeper the eye socket. However, a small lift of the left upper eyelid may improve this appearance. Of course, if you aren't bothered by it, I would not recommend any surgical intervention. 

If you have additional questions or concerns, I would seek a consultation with a skilled oculoplastic surgeon in your area. Good luck!

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.