Doctor said it's okay to remove bleplarpasty and epicantoplasty stitches 4.5 days after surgery. Is it too soon? (Photo)

Had epicantoplasty and bleplarplasty on Monday night in Bangkok. Im leaving to go to phuket saturday afternoon, the doctor says it's ok to remove stitches Saturday morning. Is this too soon? Still have significant bruising and swelling. I don't trust the doctor as he was dismissive when I had concerns. I don't believe I will have a problem finding another hospital/clinic in phuket to remove the stitches a few days later. You response and opinion on this matter is greatly appreciated

Suture Removal Timeframe

Eyelid sutures are commonly removed somewhere in the time frame of 4 to 7 days after surgery.  Problems can happen but are rare.  It is also common for bruising and swelling to still be present to some degree when the sutures are removed.  Hope this helps calm down some of your concerns...
J. Wethe, MD

Torrance Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. You should be confident in your surgeon because removing the sutures within 4.5 days is common practice. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Suture removal after blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. Blepharoplasty sutures can be removed anywhere between 4 to 7 days on average. You should follow your doctors directions.  Either way, you should be ok.  

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sutures after Blepharoplasty

We routinely remove blepharoplasty sutures after 3-4 days. It is very unusual to have a problem with that.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye sutures

Some surgeons take them out at 4 days or so. I like to usually wait 5-7 for most eye procedures that I perform.

Trust your surgeon

If you don't believe your surgeon then you made a big mistake in using him in the first place. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD