Can breast implants be replaced under local anesthesia? The size would increase about 300cc.

Breast implants and anesthesia

Implants in some instances can be placed under local.  I prefer that patients are at least sedated or under general.  Best of luck.

Redo breasts augmentation

Dear madam,     Front and side view pictures would have been very helpful. Without pictures or physical examination it is impossible to answer your question.     Since you are planing an increase of your implant size by 300 cc, most likely you will need additional capsulotomy (scar release ) in order to make room for the larger implants and create a natural looking breasts.  Otherwise the implants will create too much tightness and you will have an unnatural 'jump' or cut off  at the upper pole slope.   Capsulotomy requires general anesthesia.   Not all results are the same , because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So do your due diligence and choose wisely.    Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical andnatural looking.                 Best of luck,                                    Dr Widder                

Local

It is possible to swap out implants under local anesthesia -- but this is not common because often when we change the size, we do other maneuvers to the capsule. Each person has to be seen individually and evaluated first before the decision is made. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Anesthesia

I would recommend that this procedure be performed under general anesthesia in order to have the safest possible outcome.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Replace implants

I would not recommend local- especially going bigger will require internal release.
Also difficult to get muscle relaxation with only local. IV sedation or general is best.
An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Thank you for your question. You will find that there are a variety of different types of anesthesia that can be utilized for revisionary breast surgery. I  personally perform these operations in an out patient surgery center, and under general anesthesia provided by Board Certified Anesthesiologists.  I believe that this type of facility , staff and anesthesia provides for a comfortable/safe/immobile environment to  perform the procedures in an optimal environment.  I hope this, and the attacked link, helps.