I'm asking if a breast augmentation could fix my wide spaced breasts ? I'm 20 and weigh 100 pounds. (photos)

I would also like to know why my breasts are so far apart? it's such a big insecurity of mine . Is it because I have very little body fat ?

I'm asking if a breast augmentation could fix my wide spaced breasts ? I'm 20 and weigh 100 pounds.

Thank you for yopur question. The wide space is most likely cause by a wide breast bone and is just your natural anatomy.

Wide based (moderate or moderate plus breast implants) can improve the appearance of your breasts. However the implants should be placed with the nipple centralized over the implants.

Attempting to place the implants close together to lessen the space between your breasts will push the nipples out to the side and they will point towards your shoulders-a worse situation.

Choose an experienced ethical board certified plastic surgeon who does many cosmetic breast surgeries-weekly.

Wide spaced breasts

By limiting the lateral dissection, dissecting closer to the sternum, and using an implant with a wider base width, you should be able to create more breast volume medially.

John Burns, MD

Breasts augmentation with nice cleavage

Dear New Yorker,
  Thank you for submitting your pictures. From observing your pictures, you appear to be a small A cup . Your breasts are perky with wide cleavage which is very common in small breasted women.  So, do not feel bad about your self. Your condition can be easily corrected with good size implants and meticulous dissection of the cleavage area. This is best done through a sub areola incision, that allow for the dissection of the cleavage area to be under direct vision and direct fingers feel. The result is consistently beautiful cleavage. Sub mammary incision is just to far for achieving consistent good results. 
 If you are 32 small A cup, to become 32 full C cup ( very popular size ), you will need implants with volume of, roughly, 375 cc implants. In my 28 years of practice and thousands of breasts augmentation patients, I use almost exclusively smooth, round, moderate profile saline implants made by Mentor.
  Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive. Pay special attention to the cleavage area, the perkiness, the symmetry and the natural look.

you do appear to have widely spaced breasts. Breast implants should be able to narrow the space but there can be anatomic restrictions. You should consult with a Board Certifed PS. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Cleavage and anatomy

Cleavage is determined by one's anatomy. Your breasts are quite wide. Implants may help narrow this a bit but they will likely still stay wide.

Breasts wide apart

Sometimes its the width of the breast bone that makes the breasts far apart. Breast augmentation can narrow that appearance. I have found that implansts whose base width is wider than the height, work very well in this regard. These are called shaped implants. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Every patient undergoing breast augmentation surgery has a natural space between the breasts (cleavage area). Generally speaking, this space cannot be decreased significantly without significant risk of complication ( such as implant malposition or significant rippling/palpability of breast implants).
Other important factors to take into consideration is the precision of breast implant pocket dissection and the size/profile of breast implant selected. Obviously, these factors are surgeon dependent, again emphasizing the need for careful selection of plastic surgeon. Once you have made this selection, communicate your goals clearly/carefully ( I prefer the use of goal pictures).

Breast augmentation textured implants

Thank you for your question and posting pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for breast augmentation using textured silicone implants. Your anatomy is just an normal variant and dress augmentation will address your concerns of self-confidence. You would need to have a consultation for precise recommendations and preferably undergo Vectra 3D imaging to simulate postoperative results.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

CLEAVAGE

Thanks for the photos. As you mentioned you have a wide space between your breasts.  This space can be reduced with breast implants. Contact a Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Wide gap and breast implants

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you cleavage is basically predetermined by your baseline anatomy. What this means is that all women are not the same genetically. Some will have wide breast bones and muscles that do not come to the middle of the chest, while others will have narrow breast bones and hence have better potential to get the cleavage. Your natural characteristics are something that is covered during the consultation and examination. If you understand what your basic starting anatomy is you will have a better understanding of what you will achieve with a breast augmentation. Seeing examples of women with similar breast and body attributes will make you really visualize what your body type and breast type result will look like after breast augmentation.

So your after result, like most after results are predictable as long as you understand what you start with. You will not get more cleavage than what your body says you can get. Selecting the correct breast implant will optimize your result.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon