Will my liposuction results look as good once I remove my compression garment? At the moment I have bulges

I am 5 days p.o of outer/inner thighs & knees. From the moment I woke up from surgery I could clearly see the results !! the bulges were all gone. These are the results I want. Of course I was wearing compression garment the whole time. Today I wanted to see how I'll look without the garment and I was shocked to see the bulges and there seemed to be no noticeable difference. My question is: will my final results look like the ones while I'm wearing the garment, or should I lower my expectations?

Liposuction - bulges back after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Swelling occurs in the 3 - 5 days after liposuction -
  • It hides your result.
  • The result will re-appear as swelling subsides.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Compression garments

Compression garments can help with pain and discomfort after surgery. They also help the healing process as the space where the fat was before liposuction is trying to heal to the surrounding skin and tissue. Follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon is key to good outcomes. 

Sincerely

Terence M. Myckatyn, MD

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It takes weeks to months to see the results of the liposuction procedure, however, if you got a hi definition procedure you should be seeing more of a noticeable difference.  RF treatments and massages can help improve swelling faster.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction results

Once the swelling subsides, it is like that you will see the results you saw when you initially removed your garment. Best of luck.