9 days post explant, lift and fat graft - asymmetrical healing. Too soon to tell? (Photo)

I had above the muscle 10yo breast implants removed 9 days ago. At the same time my surgeon did a breast lift, areolar reduction and took fat from my stomach to fill in the breasts. My left breast seems to be healing normally. There is minimal discomfort, bruising is almost completely gone and it is soft and settling. My right breast is much more firm, still yellow from bruising and sits higher than the left breast making my nipples asymmetrical. Post op appointment this week. Help!

Too early to tell

After fat grafting there can be a moderate amount of swelling for some time. This swelling isn't always the same on both sides. If you do have a little more bruising on one side than the other, there may be a small collection of blood there. If you have concerns I would go back to see your surgeon. Looking at your pictures though, your breasts look just like they should for this far out after surgery. Best of luck

~Dr. Sieber

9 days post explant and lift

Thanks for your question and photo.  You look like you are doing very well for being 9 days post op.  Things will settle and change significantly over the next several weeks to months.  Some mild post operative asymmetry is common, even more so when fat grafting has been done.  Take a deep breath!  Thinks look as they should.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon, but I suspect that you will get an excellent result.  Best Regards.

Post surgical recovery

You are very early in the healing process.  Asymmetry at this point is common and generally not worrisome.  It will take several weeks for your breasts to heal and even out.  In the meantime, follow the advice of your surgeon and keep all follow up appointments.

Camille Cash, MD

Asymmetric breasts after implant removal, lift and fat injections

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal, lift and fat grafts.

• You look fine for this early after your surgery.
  • If you are concerned, just see your surgeon earlier.
  • It is always a good plan to direct your questions right after surgery to your surgeon - only s/he knows exactly what was done!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast lift

It is too early to see the final result. You have to let it heal and settle at this point,. Best of luck.