How many units of Botox (azzalure or others) are usually injected in different areas?

im 25 and wonder how many units are normal to inject in: forehead between eyebrows nasalobials tighten eyes I know it differs from patient to patient but i just wonder about the average units

Botox for frown lines, amount required

An expert injector such as a dermatologist can properly assess you to let you know how much you need for optimal results & safety. The amount needed depends on age, gender, location treated, and what type of results you're looking for. You might start with about 24-36 units for the frown lines (11's) - you can always add more in 2 weeks if you decide you want even less movement.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Dosing

The dosing for Botox is variable and based on the desired effect, the amount of current animation, and the strength of the muscles. For new patients, however, the exact dosing is often discovered through a trial and error process. See link below. Some rough guidelines are:

Forehead: 16 units
Crowfeet (around eyes): 8 units per side
Glabella (between eyes): 18 units

Other areas are off-label. The dosing in these areas is variable depending on the area and desired effect. 

Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

How many units of Botox are usually injected in different areas?

Thank you for your question. It is best to seek an in person consultation with an expert injector to determine the appropriate treatment for you. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox for wrinkles

It is impossible to determine how much Botox would be required in any given area without an examination to see how your muscles move.  Please consult an experienced cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can assess you and discuss how much Botox you would require.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Typical doses of Botox

Botox dosing is a very individualized art. Your muscles are going to be different than the next patient's muscles, there are variations in age, anatomy, sensitivity to the medication, etc. So, it is impossible to say for sure. In general, you are young, so the amount of Botox needed may be less than in someone who is twice your age with more defined aging changes. In general, in between the eyebrows gets about 15-25 units depending upon how strong the muscles are. Again, it could be more or less. The forehead somewhat less. I usually go lower on the forehead as more women prefer at least some slight motion, and if you go too high he will not be able to move your brows at all, and you may even feel that your brows are heavy on your eyes. So, I usually start low on the forehead, maybe eight units, and go up from there, only rarely exceeding 15 units. Again, the only thing that matters is that you see experienced injector.Best of luck!
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Botox in the forehead area and in between the Eyes

Botox is more of an art and the amount or units of Botox really depends on how high someone's forehead is and if their eyes have any degree of hooding.  You can inject "baby" amounts in the right places to get the best effect. It would be best to post a photo to give an accurate estimate.  The most important thing is to consult a board certified dermatologist who has experience with these facial injections for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox and units

Some doctors dilute their botox differently in saline. But in general I like to use about 2.5 units/injection so if 3-4 on each crow's feet it is about 7.5-10 for each side , corrugators can be 4-6 injections so 10-15 for this area, and the forehead may be about 8-10 injections or more at about 20-25 units or more.  

How many units of Botox do I need?

It is a very generic question and the amount depends on the individual and muscle density, etc. 

It would be best to seek an experienced Botox provider to help answer your questions and concerns and for him/her to do an in person examination and consultation.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Botox doses vary

Often 20 units are used or 10 in each side of the frown.  Some do well with five in each side and some males need 30 or 40 units total.  At a young age it is better to start small and work your way up.