Massage and putting pressure on hypertrophic scars. (photo)

Does it help to put presssure, pinch/massage BA incisions? I sometimes pinch the area for a few sec at a time but not sure if it will benefit. Im asian and get hypertrophic scars. I did self rib nose 2 weeks ago and my rib incision is raised and pink. It hurts to put pressure on my rib so i wont massage yet Is there anything i can do to make my BA incision less visible? It's flatter which is great but i wish the color wasnt too pink

Scar at 13 months

It is highly unlikely that scar treatment like silicone sheeting or massage will help a scar at 13 months out from surgery.

Scar management after breast augmentation

The type of scar you show photographs often responds well to silicone sheeting or gel. A typical course of treatment is 12 weeks, but this can be repeated for possibly an even better result.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Scar Care

Thank you for your question. I instruct all of my patients to perform daily scar massage and apply a silicone based scar ointment or tape to their incisions. Biocorneum makes an excellent product. Please ask your board certified plastic surgeon for specific instructions regarding his or her scar management protocol. Hope this help

Massage and putting pressure on hypertrophic scars.

Thank you for your question.  I would not pinch or irritate the scar as that may make things worse.

Dry adhesive silicon tape strips or Scar guard a silicon cream.

If you can find a doctor who has a 1540 non-ablative fractional erbium laser, laser treatments or IPL can help with the redness.

Based on your photo your scar appears wide and for a narrower scar he will need a scar revision.  For more information please read below: