Will jawline appear exactly the same as before after radiesse? 29 yo. (photos)

I have 3 ml radiesse on my jaw. And a little bit in the face were the dimples are. But i think my jaw looks less tight than before. I also see a thicker skin were normally the marionette lines appear when you get older. I am scared my skin will never be as tight as before i did it. Before you could really see my skin is tight to the muscles and now its hanging and fat above it. Will it ever be tight to my muscles again? It also seems like my philtrum and nasolabial is longer. Due to the weight?

Radiesse treatment

Hello and thank you for your question. Radiesse is a non-permanent dermal filler and most patients say their results last between 12 to 18 months. Your face will return to normal as the product is metabolized by your body. Hope this helps, regards Dr. S. 

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse and skin

I agree that in 12-18 months the effect of the filler aspect of Radiesse will wear off - however it does enhance collagen. Additionally, you will be over a year older so you will lose elasticity and collagen to begin with.  So its a balancing act with fillers.  Good luck.

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Appearance after Radiesse

You don't say how long ago you had the injections. Radiesse is not that heavy and as it wears off it is replaced by your own collagen. As it wears off completely in 12-18 months your appearance should revert to how it was prior to injection

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist