I have a big scar on my forehead due to a dog bite (Photo)

I have a big scar n my forehead from when i was like 6 years old now im 23 and I would really like to get rid of it. Is it possible to get rid of it? Or is it a to old scar? And around how much would it cost

Melarase PM and fractional laser for your dog bite scar

Start with topical therapy and Melarase PM mixed with Plato's Scar Serum. Follow with fractional laser, ematrix RF, and Yag laser. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Subcision LIfting For The Indented Portions Of A Scar; Microneedling For Improving Color & Texture

Any scar beyond three months is considered a mature scar, and unfortunately once matured there is currently no way to completely erase its appearance. It can be improved in appearance significantly, however. First, subcision lifting may be used to elevate the depressed (indented) portions more flush with the surrounding skin. Fillers may also be added to further raise and smooth the scar and, via itheir biostimulatory effects, may additionally promote new, native collagen synthesis. Finally, to blend the surface of the scar better with the surrounding normal skin, microneedling can be very helpful. I would be skeptical of other suggestions for lasers, etc, as these treatments, in my experience tend to be expensive and seldom justify all the marketing hype that surrounds them. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD