Differences of CO2 laser for ice pick scars?

how do i know the co 2 laser i get from a clinic is the right type of co2? are there different types of it?

Fractional co2 laser options

There are many different types of fractional co2 laser. I suggest the DEKA Smartxide as an excellent option for co2 laser resurfacing. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
#Realself100 Surgeon

Co2 laser for ice pick scars

In my opinion, there are  better modalities to use for treating ice pick scars. Acne scars are treated based upon the type of scars. Ice pick scars respond very well to TCA cross, microneedling, radiofrequency microneedling (infini) and punch excision. In my experience, the co2 ablative laser does not have the ability to raise the base of the scar. Find a acne scar expert. Ask to see photos of similar type of scars. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Its the METHOD not the laser for acne scar treatments.

I never us CO2 laser for ice pick scars. There are much more effective methods such as TCA CROSS and punch excision for these types of scarring. 

Find all the information in the web reference below, 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist