Does Breast reduction give exact the same lift as a breast lift?

I am thinking about getting a breastlift/reduction. I have now 32ddd and i think my breast are sagging and my niples are to big. And i want them lifted as high as possible. Wich treatment is best for me? Reduction of lift? And are they get as much lift from a reduction as from a breast lift?

Breast Lift versus Reduction

A Breast Lift and Breast Reduction are similar to some degree. I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Reduction or lift?

Usually the breasts are fully lifted while they are being reduced so you don't have to worry about one or the other. Just be sure that you see an experienced breast surgeon for consultation because the surgery can be tricky.

Breast Lift and Reduction

Hello and thanks for your question.  Often times both procedures are done together depending the amount of (ptosis) or sagging/drooping a person has. The procedure can be done outpatient but you may want to check with your insurance to see if they cover a bilateral breast reduction surgery.  Some or all of the  surgery maybe covered.  Seek a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with this type of procedure.

Yoav Barnavon, MD, FACS
Hollywood Plastic Surgeon

Reduction or lift

Usually similar techniques are used for both. If your breasts are a bit big, then a small reduction can be performed as well with the lift procedure. Best of luck.

Breast lift versus reduction.

Thank you for your question.The terms can be a little confusing because a breast reduction always includes a lift where a breast lift (if skin only or periareolar) may not include much of a reduction.  The most critical point I try to discuss with patients is that every patient has a upper border of their breast.  This is where the top of the breast connects to the underlying pectoralis major muscle.  This can not be adjusted or raised without using implants or fat grafting.  In my experience this is what most patients are wanting fuller when wanting as much "lift" as possible.  The nipple areola is important of course but the fullness in the upper breast is what is seen in clothing and bras.The overall appearance of the breast is a relationship of the breast on the chest wall and the nipple and areola in relation to the breast mound.  I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to listen to your goals and perform a physical exam to give you the best surgical plan for your body.Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD

Breast lift or reduction

Thank you for your question. You sound like you would best benefit from a reduction. This will remove breast tissue, skin and fat and reposition the nipple areola complex upward and get the breast up and off your tummy. The difference is this: a reduction is typically performed to provide relief from a large heavy breast that is producing symptoms such as back, neck, shoulder pain. Insurance MAY, pay for this if the problems being caused by the large breasts are well documented. A breast lift is primarily a cosmetic procedure where one is displeased with the appearance of the breast and the nipple areola complex may be elevate a few centimeters or so. Insurance will not pay for this. Hope this helps,Good Luck,

Breast lift and breast reduction

It is true that both breast lifting and breast reduction will lift up the breast quite a bit.  Whether not he only needs a lift or you need a lift plus reduction depends on her size of course.  Based on what you have written, it sounds like he would need not just a lift, but reduction as well.  You should expect quite a bit of lift when the reduction is done in good hands.

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Keep in mind that when a breast reduction procedure is performed, a breast lift is "automatically" performed as well.  In other words, the results of surgery are: smaller breasts sitting higher on a patient's chest wall.  
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon (who you should choose very carefully). Most patients wish to achieve enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful.  For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “B or C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.    Best wishes with your breast reduction procedure; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.