Botox to reduce lines under eyes and make the area plump?

im 25 y/o and i have one fine line right under my eyes. there's little volume under my eyes. asian skin so dont have other lines or wrinkles. is botox ideal to reduce one fine line under eyes? if not, then should i go for juvederm?

Botox to reduce lines under eyes and make area plump?

Thank you for your question. You can be assessed by an expert injector to discuss the use of Botox for your line. 

Can't advise without a photo

I would be happy to give you my opinion, but without a photo I'm afraid that I can't.  Botox is typically not the best treatment for one individual wrinkle.  It is generally used to treat muscle acting areas like the crows feet.  I would recommend scheduling an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  Good luck!

Fine lines under the eye

Fine lines under the eyes can be treated by a multitude of therapies depending on multiple factors such as laxity of the skin, movement of the lines, volume loss, pigmentation, and subcutaneous fat.  Evaluation of the area should be done by an expert in facial aesthetics who performs injectables as well as non-surgical or surgical procedures for the lids.  If a line is mostly movement related, botox can help as long as there isn't significant laxity of the lid.  Generally, fillers do not do well in the lid itself and work better under the eye and around the bony portion of the eye for volume loss.  Lasers and tightening devices can improve lines around the eye, but are likely overkill for a single line or fold.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox under eyes

Botox is usually used more for the forehead and brow region and can also be used for crows feet. If you concern is more a lack of volume, then you need to talk to your physician about a filler. Restylane is always a good choice for under eye hollows and should fill and plump the fine line you are concerned about.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Fine Lines Around Eyes -- Combination Botox, Lasers/RF, Microneedling/PRP

There are many compinations you can do for this including botox, lasers, microneedling and fillers. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox Under Eyes?

Thank you for the question. I strongly believe injecting Botox to the lower lids is a bad idea. There is potential for lower lid depression if not injected properly. If your concern is hollowing out of the lower lids and a tear trough deformity, fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm Ultra can be safely injected to rejuvenate the lower lid region. I always recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for treatment. Hope this helps!

Botox and lines

Botox is only good for lines of animation.  I would caution you to have botox injected to the under eye area. You may get scleral show.

Eyelid concerns

There are no good pictures so advise must be limited and guarded.I am not a big fan of lower lid botox because if not done properly can cause problems that only time can reverse.If you have a tear trough problem fillers would be better but also in my opinion not to be done by the casual,inexperienced injector.If you were my daughter at 25 with a single wrinkle I would say "don't worry be happy"

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Botox Under the Eyes

I perform a great deal of Botox injections and would advise against you having Botox under the eyes.  Botox in this location can cause swelling.  You can definitely do the crow's feet for improvement of the dynamic wrinkles on the sides of the eyes.  For the fine lines under the eyes I prefer the special eye tip from eMatrix and have had great results especially when combined with a little bit of filler such as Belotero or Restylane.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox or filler for lines under the eyes.

You would need to be examined to see if Botox or a filler would help you.  Juvederm is not an appropriate filler for the under eye area since it causes too much puffiness.  Restylane Silk would be a better option if needed.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist