Bolotero or Restylane for under-eye filler?

I have gotten different responses from different doctors. I'm looking to have my under eye hollowness filled, only 25 and genetically have very hollow under eyes causing me to always look tired. Also, looking in the NJ/NYC area if anyone can recommend a doctor who specializes in this! Which is better, restylane or bolotero?? Thanks!

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags -- Restylane or Belotero, Laser C02/Erbium Resurfacing, Microneedling, Viva/Intensif, Fraxel

I tend to use more belotero, silk or volbella under the eyes combined with lasers, peels, microneeding/PRP to get the best outcomes.  Dr. Emer.

Both used

I don't think you will find a definitive answer for this that will make one product superior. Both approaches can give you good results. The question that you should asking your injector--Which product do YOU get better results with? This area is all about technique and adding the correct amount. I like Restalyne because I use cannulas to address this area. So, find an injector you feel comfortable with, and trust their opinion. Do not base your decision on cost. Base it on results and longevity. Best!

Miguel A. Gutierrez, MD
Torrance Dermatologist

Restylane or Belotero for under eye area.

Under eye is an anatomically challenging area and needs to be fully evaluated by an expert before correcting. I like to use Restylane under the eye area using cannulas. Less is more when it comes to the under eye area and the key is technique. 

Best of luck.

Dr. Shanthala

Restylane or Belotero For Tear Troughs

More important than the filler, is the skill of injector, when it comes to tear trough correction.  The tear trough is a challenging area for treatment.  I suggest you find a surgeon who specializes in facial cosmetic surgery, and has great experience with injecting HA fillers in this area.  Personally, I prefer Belotero  for tear trough injections.  It is a very smooth filler which provides excellent correction without contour irregularities.  I also prefer injecting the tear trough area with a microcannula instead of traditional needle injection.  The microcannula provides a less traumatic means to fill this delicate area, which limits pain, bruising and swelling. I have provided a link below.  Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for Tear Troughs

Thank you for asking your question. Restylane is excellent for use in the tear trough region. Belotero does not last as long and does not give as good of a "fill". See an experienced oculoplastic surgeon who is an expert with this treatment. Good luck, 

Under eyes

Belotero Absolutely. Restylane high risk for Tindel effect. Restylane silk may be ok. Also fat grafts are helpful and more permanent

Thank you. 

Daniel G. Kuy, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Restylane or Belotero for Under Eye Filler

Thank you for posting your interesting question. The choice of which hyaluronic acid (HA) filler is best for under eye filler is almost as important as the skill set and expertise of the injector. This is a technically challenging area for injection and the best results are consistently obtained with experienced injectors. Restylane lasts longer and has lidocaine. Belotero is an alternative and can be used with patients with extremely thin and fair skin to avoid the Tyndall effect or bluish discoloration. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced with under eye filling. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Fillers

I prefer to use restylane in a dilute fashion.  This is a great way to soften the tear trough region. 

Under-eye filler choice

When filling under the eye the choice of product is usually one that is very thin with a decreased chance of showing through the skin a bluish bruise-like tint. Classically Restylane is the recommended product. However, I have used and seen excellent results with Belotero (as well as Emervel Classic). I don't think you will notice a difference between the two but the product with the longest track record in that region of the face is the Restylane.

Dr.Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tear troughs

Generally, I treat tear troughs with Restylane but like Restylane Lytton or Radiesse in the cheeks above the malar eminence. With fillers, some are more suitable for particular parts of the face than others. What is better will depend on your needs.