My nipple has deflated after areola incision?

My got an areola incision and I figured after the surgery my nipple will go back to normal in a few month. However my nipple has not gone back to normal and it has sunken in. I know that's not normal. What should I do ?

Change in areola contour

Hi Kemicjn,

Any incisions on the breast, including around the areola, can effect the nipple contour. Depending on what surgery you had performed through the areolar incision, there may be changes to the underlying tissue that supports the nipple. Following up with your surgeon is recommended so options for further reconstruction can be discussed, if you are interested. Best of luck!

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon