Four months post-op. Will my tip get smaller and lifted? (photos)

Hello, I had a revisionary rhinoplasty 4 months ago. My surgeon took down a little more of my dorsal hump. The tip shape is a little different but, it is still long droopy and crooked. The 3/4 view of my noose is awful! My dr said that once the edema swelling goes down the tip will be lifted and the tip of my nose should decrease a few more milimeters. i know i have to wait a year, but there doesn't seem to be that much more swelling. I can feel cartilage right at the tip.

Revision Rhinoplasty

Your nose does still appear to be elongated with a plunging/droopy tip. You are still early in your healing period, but it is doubtful that this will improve on its own. You end result will also depend on what your surgeon has done to support your nasal tip during your revision surgery. I would recommend waiting the entire healing period so that you can assess the overall result from your surgery before deciding if you want to make any further modifications.

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

Thanks for your post and photos. I share your concern and frustration regard your result thus far. Your nose postoperatively lacks tip support and as you indicated, still appears too long for your best facial balance. An open approach revision rhinoplasty can be planned to improve your tip support and rotate the tip to an improved position. The overall nose/ nostril length can also be improved via advanced cartilage overlap and modification techniques. Since this was a revision procedure, it may be best to delay a third rhinoplasty for at least another 8 months. Any persistent crookedness can be addressed as well. Your surgeon seems genuinely concerned about your nose and may be the best person to share your concerns. Hopefully your doctor can help you further. If not, get another opinion from  an experienced revision rhinoplasty expert with a strong patient portfolio. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon