Month and a half after BA one of the breasts still doesn't have defined round contour? (Photos)

I noticed my left breasts had two areas of greater swelling right after the bandage was taken off. Those two areas were also very painful. My surgeon said that it is right where the inner incision was made and it just might hurt more and have more swelling which occasionally will resolve on its own. 1.5 month after the surgery those areas don't hurt much but the countour isn't round as the right breast. I can see it especially well when wearing compression band. What is it?

Shape issues after breast enlargement.

Your internal breast pocket is not completely round on the left side, and the two bulges are just like weak spots in a bicycle tire inner tube. Compression only make these areas persist or worsen, and it only gets better over time if there is not (excessive) pressure on the bulges. 

Your surgeon is right--it "occasionally" gets better on its own, but that also means it "often" doesn't, and then requires repeat surgery.

It is either inadvertently caused during the creation of the pocket, or as the edges of the pocket were stretched or torn during the early healing phase after surgery. That is also why I'd not recommend more compression, though your surgeon may want that to help implants drop into their proper vertical position, but NOT to worsen this particular issue. Talk to your surgeon about timing and costs for revision, as that is possibly in your future. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation irregularities

Hi.  It looks like you have some irregularity in the breast pocket.  I would tend to avoid compression, as that accentuates it in the pictures you posted.   I would give this a few months to allow things to continue to heal, and then see where things land.   Keep good follow up with your surgeon, who can continue to help guide you through this process.   Good luck, and take care. Dr. Howell

Breast augmentation

This can be related to the implant itselft, but I would wait 4-6 months minimum.  Best of luck.......

BA concerns about shape

Thank you for your question. I would recommend you wait for about 3-4 months and reevaluate. By that time most of the things settle.

Contour irregularities

It looks like your implants might be above the muscle and therefore more likely to see some ripples and irregularities. These may soften over time so allow a few more months for settling

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Month and a half after BA one of the breasts still doesn't have defined round contour?

Give it at least 6 months as things may still change, then discuss with your surgeon if a touch up procedure is needed. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.