Should I consider Mini Tummy tuck ? (photos)

I need to lose 15 pounds but I understand nothing else can help with loose skin. Is getting the scar from tummy tuck worth it in my situation.

Need an inperson assessment

It’s difficult to see how your stomach looks in your photo. From the side, your stomach is quite flat and I’m not sure how much tissue could be removed to tighten your skin. For this reason, I suggest you see a board certified plastic surgeon in person for an assessment. 

Tummy Tuck

Hi Irka1040,

Thank you for the pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. I suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Dr derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. I feel that you would be happy with the results of a TT . Best of luck  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mini Tummy Tuck

From the pictures you have shown, it appears that your problem is mid-line muscle bulge which requires a full tummy tuck.  The pictures may be deceiving and your best answer is to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck

I would get to your goal weight and then re-assess with your PS. Mini tummy tucks usually dont produce much of a result though due to their limited nature.

Should I consider Mini Tummy tuck ?

Thank you for your question.  Although it is somewhat difficult to assess your skin laxity in your photos, it appears that you would be a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck.  To be sure, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and very experienced in the procedure.  They can better assess your abdomen and discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Mini Tummy Tuck vs. Dermolipectomy

A mini tummy tuck is best suited for women who don't have stretch marks or saggy skin, but have a pouch below the belly button.  Since you're looking for help addressing loose skin, the dermolipectomy is a procedure that takes out skin, but does not tighten the muscle. It benefits most slender women who have wrinkly or excess skin, but good muscle tone.
However, a demolipectomy will have the same scar as a tummy tuck - so whether it is "worth it" in your situation would be something only you could answer.
Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your specific goals, your options, and your scar concerns.
Best wishes!

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD