Can I do a mini tummy tuck with muscle repair? Can the excess skin above my navel be fixed? Willing to travel. (photos)

Mini tuck for three reasons- 1. considering having another child but want to enjoy a nice body now 2. I have a tattoo that I would like to keep not mainly because of my fear of where the tattoo will lie if I get a full tummy tuck. 3. I currently like my belly button and am skeptical of the fake ones. Also, Any input on a breast aug with with small implants possibly? Is it needed? I've heard tucks change the placement of the breast. Will muscle repair fix back fat or do I need lipo?

Mini Vs. Full Tummy Tuck

You are a good candidate for a full rather than a mini tummy tuck. Mini Tummy Tucks take care of problems below the navel. You appear to have skin and muscle laxity above and bellow the belly button. This is exactly what a full Tummy Tuck is designed to treat. 

If you are planning to have another child soon. Plan the Tummy Tuck for after childbirth. While a Tummy Tuck won't prevent pregnancy, pregnancy can undo the Tummy Tuck. As far as tattoo movement and belly button appearance goes, you need to discuss your concerns in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to get an idea what the result will be. Your breasts and back, on the other hand, will not change significantly with  Tummy Tuck.

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Muscle repair possible with mini tummy tuck but . . .

It is possible to do a mini tummy tuck with full muscle repair into the upper abdomen using a technique called umbilical float but it will not improve lax skin above the belly button so it is only suitable for a few specific situations. You will probably do best with a full tummy tuck. There is no fake belly button, it is your existing one set into the skin that has been pulled down to cover where skin was removed.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.   Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.   Breast augmentation can be performed at the same time. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Mini Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with Vaser Hi definition liposculpture to your hips and back.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck

I would not consider an abdominoplasty until you have finished having children.  Depending upon your examination, you may be a candidate for liposuction if you have more of your fullness sub-cutaneously.  Many patient carry fullness intra-abdominally.  If this is the case, then diet and exercise are your best choices.  A full abdominoplasty could provide a beautiful rsults, however, it is not the right choice in your circumstance as your are considering another child.

Kevin Bounds, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon