Do I need a mini or full tummy tuck ? (Photo)

Mini vs full tummy tuck

Just taking your pictures as reference i would recommend you a full tummy tuck in oreder to provide you the best results possible, of course a in person evaluation is needed plus more information about your past medical history, full tummy tuck will offer you a better results because you will get full muscle repair and more sagging skin will be eliminated. Please chec with a board certified surgeon for more info about this surgery.Good Luck!

Tummy Tuck

Hi Mami Castillo, Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on your pictures it looks like you are an excellent candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck. Tummy-tuck surgery or Abdominoplasty can flatten your abdomen by removing loose, excess fat and skin and tightening muscles in the abdominal wall. It can also remove some if not all of the stretch marks in your lower abdomen. It is popular following pregnancy, massive weight loss or whenever a flabby abdomen with weak muscles impairs body contour. Most patients on average take two weeks off of work. Best regards

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Mini vs full tummy tuck: how to know

A mini tummy tuck only improves the skin in the lower abdomen, and because the position of your belly button is low, it may pull it down too much. You appear to be a better candidate for a full tummy tuck. either one would allow for full muscle repair and fat layer thinning, so it mostly depends on skin laxity especially in the upper part of the abdomen.

Richard Baxter, MD

Mini tummy tuck vs full tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and pictures.  Based on the pictures it does appear that a full tummy tuck would obtain the best results for you.  However, I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation and to determine the best option to achieve your goals.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - mini or full

Based on your photos, it looks like you would benefit from a full tummy tuck.

You need to be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon (or several) for a full and complete assessment.  There are advantages and disadvantages to each of the procedures, so it's in your best interest to do lots of research beforehand (as you're doing).

One concern is that the protrusion of your abdomen may be due more to an attenuated abdominal wall rather than just excess skin and fat.  If so, then neither procedure will give you a completely flat abdomen.  Have you had pregnancies?  Weights gains and losses?  These need to be taken into consideration.

A mini will tighten the skin below your BB - but only there.  So if you want anything done to the area above the BB, aside from some lipo, you would need to consider the full TT.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf500

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Mini vs Full Tummy Tuck

The amount of excess skin typically determines the length of the incision required to remove that excess skin. As a general rule, a short incision only allows a small amount of skin removal. A longer incision and resulting scar (as in a full tummy tuck) will allow the surgeon to remove more skin, address the belly button and tighten the entire abdominal wall. This is the important thing to consider when looking at this type of surgery. Don't compromise the results with a shorter scar if it won't deliver the results you want. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in tummy tucks and body contouring should be able to show you what you can expect. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#drdeanvistnes #realself #tummytuck #abdominoplasty

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction. This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

Dr Derby

I would recommend you a full tummy tuck to make sure that you get the best results possible. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Do I need a mini or full tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.     You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.