Masculine impact look that appears photogenic and angular?

Masculine look is chiselled surgeon is known to be quite conservative but very knowledgble.With regards to male plastic surgery if one has cheek implants, buccal fat, neck lift and chin implant will this make a noticeable difference to your face?how do I express I want a dramatic but a subtle appearance which is chiselled and defined ?

Facial Masculinization

You had better have a clear discussion with your surgeon before surgery as to your exact goals as creating the more masculine facial look is not easy. Standard cheek and chin implants are designed to create that look and will create create sharp defined facial skeletal features. As an aside the statement of 'a dramatic but subtle appearance change' is contradictory. It can be one or the other but not really both.

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Fillers, implants, surgery can all be used for masculinization.  I suggest you see an expert for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  The following procedures can create angularity to the face.
  • Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
  • This can be combined with a minimally invasive SMAS facelift or liposuction as needed.  Buccal fat should not be removed.  This is below the front portion of the cheek and by itself will not add volume or angularity, to the cheeks, but can create hollowing of the cheeks.
Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face. Hope this helps.

Masculine look

Every individual has his own concept of image, including "masculine look". The same apply for every plastic surgeon; each one of us has his/her own aesthetic standards. These two concepts need to be well outlined and thoroughly discussed between patient and surgeon. Surgical plan should be created based on patient anatomy, his desired look and surgical tools, technique and experience of the surgeon. If you have any doubts about surgical plan proposed by your plastic surgeon, second or third opinion by a well recognized board certified plastic surgeons in your community may help to further clarify your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Use Of injectable Volumizing Fillers Can Achieve A More Angular, Masculine Face

Just in the event that you are not aware, NON-surgically creating and/or enhancing a more angular, masculine facial look has become routine practice in the hands of experienced aesthetic physicians via the appropriate use of volumizing fillers. Treatments for this purpose include the use of volumizers for increasing projection of the chin and broadening it. The posterior angle  of the jaw may likewise be enhanced. Appropriate placement  can additionally masculinize the cheeks and brow, as well as improve the neck. Significant differences exist between female and male faces, so you must be sure to consult with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in treating the male face, since inappropriate placement of volumizing fillers risks resulting in "feminizing" the male face. Make sure to ask to see his/her before and after photos before proceeding. Good luck.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD