Loss sensitive in my right nipple? (Photos)

I get sergury Monday I feel like I loss my sensitivity in my tight nipple it normal ? I feel little bit I also feel they far apart from echether, I need help what you guys think for you own experience ? Thanks you

Nipple sensation changes

Hi shary NYC, 

Thank you for your question.  Nipple sensation changes are very common immediately after surgery.  You might experience some numbness or even too much sensitivity in the nipple region.  This usually subsides within 6-12 weeks following surgery.  It is very uncommon to have permanent nipple loss following breast augmentation.  Regarding the distance between your breasts or the cleavage area, it would be helpful to have a frontal picture of your postoperative results so one could see the distance between the breasts.  If the implants are placed underneath the muscle, the cleavage area can sometimes be a bit widened because the muscle inserts on the breastbone and cannot be completely disrupted.  This therefore places the breasts a little bit further apart than you might like.  With time the soft tissues will also settle and this will improve.  A bit of patients will go a long way, so try not to be too anxious.

Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Loss of sensation in nipple?

Temporary loss (or hypersensitivity) is common after augmentation, typically lasting a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Statistically, the incidence of permanent loss of nipple sensation is very low, but you may want to check with your plastic surgeon and get his/her feedback.

Early post-op issue

Often early post-op patients can have a change in sensation. This is commonly due to swelling. Be patient with the results. As the swelling subsides, the sensation often improves. Best to review with your surgeon as well.

Breast Sensation and Cleavage concerns

Please realize that breast augmentation simply enhances your breast size and does not change work to change the shape of the breasts or the distance between them.

It may be that the distance between breasts was the same before surgery. The underlying problem could be due to something like a round chest wall that makes breasts appear further apart. I think they look fine.

With regards to sensation, know that changes in nipple sensation are very common, especially this early in the recovery period. Your surgeon may have counselled you about this, but basically what happens is that implants, especially large implants, may press against sensory nerves near the breast tissue leading to either increased or decreased sensitivity in breast sensation. This is why going for a moderate sized implant is best.

1 in 7 women find their nipple less sensitive.

Nevertheless, the good news is that for most people changes in sensation are temporary, and everything returns to normal in a year or sooner. This is because as your breasts stretch to accommodate your implants, your sensory nerves will be less compressed over time. The final results from BBA can result anywhere from 3-6 months following surgery. So be patient, all will be well.

As always though, the future cannot be predicted, and in your case it is best to be in touch with you plastic surgeon for follow-ups and questions.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Post Op Sensation

I recommend that you get in contact with your Plastic Surgeon so that they can guide you regarding what to expect after surgery. It is expected to have some temporary sensation loss, swelling, breasts which appear high and tight. However, if you have any concerns it is best to be assessed in person by your surgeon.
All the best

Breast augmentation - no sensitivity in R nipple

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.Your surgery was done only a week ago - it can take months for normal feeling to return. Your implants are under your muscle and riding high - you need to give yourself time to heal before seeing your final result. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Loss of sensation in right nipple

Hello Shary and thank you for sharing your question and photos. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble and have lost sensitivity in one of your nipples. This does not happen to many individuals, but is a known side effect of breast augmentation. Sometimes patients will report loss of feeling in a breast for a couple months during the recovery period before the feeling in the nipple comes back. This side effect tends to happen more often when the patient had a small chest wall prior to the surgery, and if chosen a medium to large implant, the nerves in the chest will end up losing blood supply and will be unable to send sensory information back to the brain. You are only 7 days post operation which means you have a few months to wait for your implants to "drop" and relieve the pressure on the upper pole of your breast and the nipples. I hope these issues resolve themselves soon but if you continue to be worried (and I understand) then be sure to regularly follow up with your plastic surgeon for the most effective medical care during the healing process. 
Best wishes

Traci Temmen, MD