How long do I have to wait until I get BBL post caesarian section?

C-Section and BBL, Brazilian Butt Lift, Butt Augmentation, Liposuction and Butt Implantation

Hello, I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  

We need to wait until the swelling has completely gone down and your muscles have healed.  This typically takes 6 weeks to 3 months.

If you have any further questions/comments/concerns please reach out.  Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck!

Sincerely, 

Matthew J. Nykiel MD
Real Self Top Doctor
Real Self Core Doctor
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Hello dear, thank you for your questions.

There is a time you should expect after giving birth with a minimum of 6 months, this will give your body the opportunity to heal internal wounds and swelling the remnants of the pregnancy.

Once you've met that time, perform an evaluation in person with your board-certified plastic surgeon and determine that it is best for your body.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Timing After C-Section

6-9 months is recommended to let your body get back to its baseline state. If a plastic surgeon tries to push you to go sooner, run fast. That type of surgeon is only in it for the money, not for your best interests. Furthermore, you are going to have to avoid pressure on your buttocks for up to 6 to 8 weeks after your BBL to avoid killing the fat and flattening the rounded shape. You definitely don't want to go through a BBL only to get a bigger but flat butt. Another thing to consider -- the logistics of going through surgery and surgical recovery while having a newborn baby/toddler. For example, if you breastfeed, are you going to pump and dump until the anesthetia medications, pain medications, and antibiotics pass through your system? Holding, feeding the baby while trying to avoid buttocks pressure? Etc. BBL surgery will be around for quite a while. It's not going anywhere!! Make sure to fit it in when it's most convenient for you and your baby. Best of luck.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Surgery timing after pregnancy

The real question is, how long to wait after pregnancy before undergoing cosmetic surgery?  Honestly, the longer the better.  It takes at least 9 months to recover and to have your body get back to normal after all the hormonal changes (longer if breastfeeding), and that's a minimum.  If you've gained weight, that weight should ideally be lost or "worked off" prior to undergoing a cosmetic, body sculpting procedure.  This is only for your benefit, to maximize your outcome and protect your investment.

Hi.. thank you for the question... Generally 5-6 months are needed to have this type of surgical procedures after giving birth. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

BBL after C-section

I would recommend waiting at least 6 months after having a baby for your body and hormones to get back to your pre-pregnancy state and to allow time for your C-section incision to fully heal. This gives the body time to recover and hormone levels to get back to close to normal. If you are not back to your pre-pregnancy weight, I would wait even longer to try and shed those extra pounds before electing surgery. My advice to you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can get a full body examination and come up with the best plan for you. I hope this helps.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

3 months is probably a reasonable amount of time for recovery after C-section.