How long will the nose tip heal? (photos)

It's been 5 months since I had my rhinoplasty and I feel like there's not that much difference, will my nose keep changing ?

Healing

We usually say that tip edema and swelling can last about a year.  This is because the circulation to the tip is limited and after surgery, the small vessels that drain the nose from swelling fluid can take some time to get back to normal.

However, at about 5-6 months, the majority of obvious change will be complete.  there may still be small changes in your shape, but overall, the shape will be what it is.  Some of these sub-millimeter refinements and details may be easy to see on a before-after series, but otherwise, patients usually won't be able to tell the difference on a day to day basis.  This is sort of a principle of diminishing change over time.  The further out from surgery, the less dramatic the day-to-day changes.

Hope that helps,

Christopher C. Chang, MD 

Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia

Healing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hope that helps,

Christopher C. Chang, MD 

Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia

Rhinoplasty

It can take a year or longer for the nasal swelling to subside. Best of luck with your results........

Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty

If you only want improvement of the tip cartilage, then ~1 week should be fine. If you want the small hump[cartilage and bone] reduced, 2 weeks would be better. 'Complete Healing' can take 6-12 months.It would be best for you to visit an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for an in-depth consultation to review your options.

Rhinoplasty