How long after BBL could a patient reattempt another BBL?

I had a BBL done last week, and I'm feeling less than satisfied with the results. I understand the need to wait 3-6 months to see actual results I can already tell that there was a significant communication as I did not get even close to the results I wanted. Instead of focusing on how unhappy I am at this point, I decided to shift my focus and how to achieve the results that I have longed for. The question is how long should I wait?

A revision can be performed at 3 months in most patients.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of BBLs.

Beverly Hills, CA

Minimum 3 months

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry that you are disappointed. It is best to wait a minimum of 3 months to allow the swelling to completely resolve. Best of luck, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Best to wait 3-6 months

Sorry to hear your results are already disappointing to you. Your best bet is to wait 3-6 months to allow the swelling to resolve after surgery before attempting repeat BBL.

Hope this helps - Sam Jejurikar, MD

BBL Revisions

Great question.

BBL revisions are tough cases, and should not be taken lightly.  Make sure you choose the right surgeon.  

Your questions deals with the balance between allowing enough time for the inflammation to settle so you can get a more realistic idea of the results.  However, you do not want to wait to long and allow the scar fibers to mature, which then can make a revision BBL more difficult.  

The bottom line is that there is no clear answer, and there is little data on the subject.  I believe waiting 3 months is a great balance between the scar tissue being formed, and seeing more realistic result.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Calva, MD
Miami General Surgeon

BBL Second round.

you need to let your body rest after any type of surgery from 4-6 months, and to see excelents results before you do another bbl i wil recommend 6-12 months.

i advise you to find a board certified plastic surgeon the next time you do any type of procedures.

best of luck.

Dr. Katherine Feliz.

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD