Liposuction on face: is it possible? (photo)

This part of my face that I’m touching with my finger is a little higher/puffier than the other side. What type of liposuction can be done?

Reduce malar fat with liposuction?

Thank you for asking about your facial fat.

Facial liposuction can be done but it can leave visible track marks, make the face look older or damage underlying nerves which are close to the skin. The area of 'fat' is called the malar fat pad and is a normal part of facial anatomy. You appear to have quite a thin face - and it is hard to tell from the photo if your facial tissues have loosened but it appears they have. Since photographs aren't always enough, it will be ideal if you have a consultation with a plastic surgeon to see what your best treatment options are.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Puffy cheek?

More details about your cheek is necessary. Have you had fillers or fat placed in there.  Any facial trauma?  Can lipo be done, yes, but not very common.

Improving Facial Symmetry--Facial Fillers, Botox, Fat

I shy people away from facial liposuction as this can cause damage to nerves if not done correctly and people often regret this as they age (given you lose fat and want to replenish volume with age). Facial contouring can be done with Botox, fillers and fat and sculptra in order to improve symmetry and definition. See an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction on face: is it possible?

Thank you for your question. I will not recommend liposuction to face. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals.

Facial asymmetry

it is normal to have some asymmetry.  It it's also a bad idea to liposuction a face.  I would talk to a board certified plastic surgeon about fillers or fat grafting to balance your face. 

Good Luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Facial liposuction not a good idea

Most faces have some degree of asymmetry from side to side.  Facial liposuction is generally a bad idea.  In the natural aging process, you will lose facial volume and want to maintain the fullness in your cheeks.  A better solution would be to add a small amount of volume to the other side for symmetry.  See a board-certified plastic surgeon and good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction on face: is it possible?

This is not a good place for liposuction. None of us are perfectly symmetric. You can consider a filler on the opposite side. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS