Had liposuction 10 days ago have this "lump" I don't know what it is, will it go away? (Plastic Surgeon is out of town). (photo)

I have this "lump" for lack of a better word I am 10 days post op (I know swelling takes a while and all that good stuff). My stomach is starting to look better and better but I notice when I take off my garment to wash it and I lay down I have this lump. I know I will have excess skin (too young for a TT and b/c I want kids). But this lump is very ugly, is it swelling or am I looking at a potential end result?

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It appears you were more of a candidate of liposuction with skin removal. You need a formal evaluation to ensure no hematoma or seroma, but in the mean time massage, compression, RF treatments should help.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lump

Hi, thank you for your question and photo. Post liposuction, some hardness and lumps are normal. This lump you are experiencing can be as simple as swelling or fat necrosis. These lumps can last up to 6 months (sometimes even longer) after liposuction. At this time there is no need to panic, let your body continue to heal. Lymphatic massage therapy or Ultrasound therapy can help speed up this process if desired but is not necessary. Follow up with your physician once he is back in town. Best of luck to you. 

Peter H. Grossman, MD, FACS

Loose skin

It looks like you have loose skin as well.  It may be fat, it may be loose skin, or it may be fluid or swelling. Best of luck.

Liposuction - lump at 10 days

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • It is common to notice irregularities of all kinds early after liposuction.
  • You cannot judge your final result for months and months.
  • What you are seeing may be loose skin, swelling, fibrous tissue - to name a few possibilities.
  • Point it out to your surgeon on her/his return so s/he can follow your recovery along with you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lump post lipo

don't worry about this because it probably represents a small area of bleeding or fat necorsis and will go away in time ie over several months.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon