Lip augmentation and ..? (photos)

Dear Doctors What would you recommend to get my top lip to be plumper and improve the shape? I'd also like to get my face lifted. What areas would you suggest to get done to achieve a fresher look? Thank you

Get my top lip to be plumper and improve the shape? I'd also like to get my face lifted.

Hi, I have performed many Lip Augmentations, facial shaping procedures and facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  From the photos your cheeks are a tad flat in the front, the chin is weak, the lips are medium full, but there are "no" jowls present.  These factors combine to create an elongated, rectangular shaped face. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

I have included information on facelifts below for comparison, however since you do "not" have any "jowls", you are not a candidate for any form of facelift in my humble opinion.  "Jowls” are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Lip augmentation and Skin Rejuvenation

Thank you for your inquiry. Judging from the pictures it looks as though you are plumping your lips. During consultation we would need to evaluate you at resting position. Juvederm or any Hyaluronic acid filler would give you more volume and a more plump look as well as evening out your lips for a better shape. As for a facial lifting, a consultation would be necessary for further examination (pictures are not enough in your case)

Please always see a board certified plastic surgeon. You are always welcome in Montreal!

Lip Augmentation and Lift

Based on your photos there appears to be very little treatment that you need.  I would be conservative with a small amount of filler in the NLF and consider Thermage to produce new collagen and tighten the skin.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Improve lips and face

Thank you for asking about your  lip augmentation.

• You are a lovely young woman and your lips already are quite full.
  • To plump them further, have a syringe of hyaluronic acid filler, such as Juvederm.
  • I see no need for a face lift - 
  • Often at your age, for a fresher look all that is needed are some light peels, tretinoin skin cream, microneedling or other minor office procedure.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Conservative Lip Augmentation And Voluma

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your facial appearance.  Based on your photos, you appear to have nice natural fullness in your lips.  I would suggest a conservative lip augmentation with a small amount of a dermal filler such as Juvederm.  I would also suggest that you consider Voluma for your midface or cheek area, which will provide an upward lift.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm) or Lip Implant or Fat --Facial Resurfacing--Laser Therapy

I find that fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical lip. There are many different options to lift your face, depending on how much sagging you have and skin quality. You may respond to facial resurfacing and have improved collagen production with laser therapy. See an expert for a consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip augmentation

It looks like you have nice lips to begin with. If you want them a  bit larger than fillers are the way to go.

Lip Augmentation

Jasmina.  Your photos demonstrate pretty, reasonably full lips. Modest augmentation can be achieved with Juvederm Ultra plus, but don't over do it because the result can look fake and cartoonish. I would not consider a facelift, as photos demonstrate no need. You are young and pretty, do your lips conservatively and enjoy life! Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Lip augmentation and ???

Thank you for the question.  From your photos you already possess "plump" lips with well highlighted features.  The ratio of fullness with the upper being slightly smaller than the lower is a desired feature for natural lips.  Facial fillers can augment areas of perceived volume loss which may be difficult to find for you.  Best to be evaluated in person and have clearly defined goals before undergoing even a temporary alteration with fillers.  Best of luck.

Lip augmentation and ..?

Thanks for the questions and thanks for including the photos.  We always recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon as we are the true experts in this treatment. You have very nice and full lips and I would caution you in having much more done to them – you don’t want to look unnatural.  I do think that if you are bothered by your features, having a volumizing filler in your cheeks will make a big difference.  Here you can use things such as Juvederm Voluma or Restylane Lyft and improvement should be seen with just a little amount of product.  For you, find the best provider you can, have them evaluate you, and stay natural.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon