Do I need a lift or will a dual plane do the trick? (Photo)

5'0 tall 110lbs- seem to have grade 1 ptosis. Thin skin. Breast fed 2 kiddos.Want to really avoid a lift. Have gotten mixed opinions. Few said BA w lift and two said no lift, just implants.

Breast Lift

It is difficult to say without a full assessment. Women with severely sagging breasts can see great improvements with a breast lift. For those with only slight sagging, the amount of scarring they will see from the surgery may not be worth the improvement that they see in breast position.

I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what your options would be.

Take care.

Lift or just implants?

Hello, in cases of only moderate breast sagging (stage I-II), often people are happy with implants alone.  However, some patients want the nipple to be elevated, even if there are scars associated with the lift. In my opinion there is no "correct" answer but rather the procedure must be matched to the patients desired outcome.

Lift

Your ptosis is actually grade 3.  You need a lift, it is the only way to have great long lasting results.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Do I need a lift or will a dual plane do the trick?

Hi,
Thank you for your question and sharing your photos.
The dual plane technique is a trick. It cuts the muscle to allow the implant to fall into a lower position to lie wherever your current breast lives. So, in essence you will have larger breasts in the same location they are now. Cutting the muscle this way allows breasts implants to displace further down the chest wall as time goes by. Most women who undergo this procedure often need revisionary surgery to re-position implants or have them removed entirely. However, if you are happy with your current breast volume you may find The Ultimate Breast Lift method a good alternative. The UBL method reshapes and re-positions breast tissue high on the chest wall without the extra cost, risks/complications and maintenance associated with breast implants. I hope this helps. You may also want to consider visiting the breast lift with implants revision forum on this site for real stories from women who have gone the lift with implants route.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Aug with a Lift

In my opinion you will be best served by an augmentation and a lift. An implant alone, dual plane or no dual plane is going to leave you with a bottomed out implant.

Do I need a lift or will a dual plane do the trick

from your photos it appears you have grade 3 ptosis as the majority of the breast tissue is below your breast crease and the nipple is below the crease also. I think a breast lift would be required. Otherwise you will just end up being bigger and saggier in time.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Lift vs Implants

What has happened to your breasts is very natural. Due to weight loss or pregnancy many women's breasts will deflate over time. The solution is either to fill up the excess skin that you do have with an implant, tighten the skin with a lift, or some combination of the two. An augmentation with an implant will result in less scarring but your breasts will still be lower on your chest. The lift is appealing to some women because it is more natural and does not require an implant, but there is much more scarring involved. A board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in cosmetic breast enhancement should be able to help you determine what will give you the results you're looking for.

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants / Silicone Implants / Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears you need a breast lift along with breast augmentation.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast augmentation mastopexy

100% mastopexy needed.  Not just a periareolar mastopexy either as they produce a poor result in a breast like yours.  An aggressive breast lift to remove the droopy tissue and stabilize the breast long - term.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Dual Plane or Breast Lift

From your photos, it is clear that you have grade 2 ptosis and need a lift. An implant will only fall into the excess skin no matter what dual plane technique is used. Without a lift you will look ok for the first 2 months - which is when most surgeons will show their results. Make a surgeon show you similar patients 1 year from surgery with an acceptable outcome. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD