Lower lid revision one year post Blepharoplasty? (Photos)

I had upper and lower Blepharoplasty one year ago. My lower right lid has a constant feeling of fullness. The inner corner bulges out and the outer corner is loose and puffy causing it to form a full under eye bag. I had an MRI and was told everything is perfect Even if I can't do anything to make it feel better I'd like it to at least look betterThe other three lids Look and feel great. Can you please tell me if revision surgery is my only option? Thx!

Revision lower blepharoplasty possible

You may benefit from revision right lower blepharoplasty. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation and treatment. 

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower lid residual fat pad

Looks like a little touch up surgery on that right lower lid medial fat pad would improve the appearance. A transconjunctival approach would be best for a short down time. Laser resurfacing would tighten up the skin in the preseptal area, but probably not resolve the relative puffiness of that medial fat pad. The frontalis muscle seems to be working overtime (looks like you are using your forehead in the photos). A brow lift might help you out in the future if you are inclined to do that. Best wishes with your decision.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Right lower eyelid

From your photos it appears you still have some medial fat. You would benefit from a revision to remove this small residual pocket.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Residual fat?

You might have residual fat in your medial compartment that is bother you. Often a transconjunctival approach( not through the skin) can be performed to treat that stubborn area.

Lower Eyelid Healing

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos you provided you may have some residual fat in the medial pad of your right lower lid. This is a simple revision. Communicate with your surgeon, I am sure he or she will care for you. Otherwise, your eyes look great! Best wishes.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lid revision

I believe what you are feeling and seeing is residual fat pads.  You should follow up with your surgeon and ask if further surgery would be helpful.  In my practice I would touch this up with no cost to you, but everyone has different policies.  I think you would see marked improvement and hope you achieve the result you desire.  Best of luck

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Post lower lid surgery

The puffiness you see is the medial fat pad of the lower lid.  You would need a revision surgery to go in and take that out.     

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. Revision surgery is possible, and can remedy your discomfort with your lower lid, however, a nonsurgical approach in transconjunctival blepharoplasty is also available. This procedure removes the fatty tissue by using a laser on the interior part of the lower eyelid. An incision is made inside of the eyelid itself to gain access to the lower eyelid fat bags. The fatty tissue is removed and the skin is re-draped into its normal position. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon and inquire about transconjunctival blepharoplasty. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon