Is this level of swelling normal for 10 weeks PO? (photos)

Open septo rhino, 10 weeks PO. Nose very blobby and bulky. Is this level of swelling normal? Can I expect a drastic change? 3 weeks on Clarithromycin and no change at all. Last photo is a before pic just so you can see how different my nose is.

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

Swelling is common after a rhinoplasty. It should clear up within 3 months after the surgery, but keep in mind some cases can take up to a full year to completely reduce. It seems like your new nose is settling in nicely. If you are still concerned about the swelling, get in touch with your plastic surgeon. They will most likely advise using a cold compress, decreasing your salt intake, or sleeping on an elevated surface.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Recovering from rhinoplasty and swelling

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Waiting for swelling to go down is a major part of healing. The first stage of healing is the first 6-8 weeks where you will see a lot of swelling decrease. Over the next 6-9 months the nose swelling will trend downward with intermittent bouts of swelling up. At one year the nose is close to its result, but the nose will continue to heal and refine for years. Thicker skin may take longer to refine. Avoiding salt, sun, and heat can help swelling go down. It's important to keep your follow-up appointments so your surgeon may track your progress through the healing process. Steroids can speed things along; however patience is safer. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

10 weeks postop

It seems unlikely to change drastically over the next few months. There is some swelling for sure but there is lack of definition in the tip. It might be worthwhile to try oral steroids for a short period to see if the swelling improves. If at 3 months mark it is still the same then you might need a revision.RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-Rhinoplasty Healing

Thank you for your question.You are ten days into a one year healing course. Swelling is different for every patient. Stay in touch with your surgeon and voice your concerns.Best wishes.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early rhinoplasty swelling

Swelling at 10 days post is very common. Speak with your surgeon about the possibility of using some massaging techniques to lower the inflammation of the tip of the nose. If your surgeon believes that he/she had proper refinement during the surgery then there's no need to be concerned. Give this time and you should see a significant improvement. I usually tell my patients that it may take up to a year for a rhinoplasty to properly heal. I hope this helps.

Roberto E. Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon