Did my labiaplasty go wrong? (Photo)

Peehaps is way too soon to ask, but I will do it anyways. A week and a half ago I had labioplasty done. I know that pain & swelling will be her for quite sometime, but I have a couple of concerns. I am still taking vicodin because of the pain, can barely walk without it (if Im not sleeping that is). Also, I can no longer see my vagina, as if a flap of skin is covering it for good. What are all those bums? Please help and give me advice, I know at this point all I can do is wait. Thank you!

Did my labiaplasty go wrong?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your current surgical appearance has caused you to be concerned.  It appears that you had a trim labiaplasty performed which may have been closed with a baseball pattern of stitching. This can cause the appearance of small bumps along the edge of your labia which should improve and flatten with additional time.  Your left side looks to have a bit more swelling than your right and only time will help resolve this to leave you with a better idea as to your long-term appearance.  Hang in there and allow your results time to mature.  Best wishes.

Did my labiaplasty go wrong?, I can't see my vagina. = Follow up with your surgeon #labiaplasty #vaginalrejuvenation

Patients with questions and concerns about their labiaplasty  healing process should address those concerns with the surgeon that performed the operation. 

John Mesa, MD

Patience is a virtue

It's hard to assess your outcome with the photos but I can comment that at a week and a half there will still be swelling and pain like you are experiencing.  It should continue to improve in the coming weeks.  I tell my patients that they can expect their final outcome closer to 6 or 8 weeks to allow for healing, swelling, and tenderness to resolve.  Be certain to discuss your concerns with your surgeon and try to relax and be patient.  This will most likely resolve or improve with time.  Best wishes!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Lumpy and uncomfortable after labiaplasty?

I see swelling, but no burns. There is a lumpy appearance where stitches seem to have been placed deeply through the skin. Swelling will resolve over time and your current management is all you can do. Be patient and you should be healed in a few more weeks.

Did my labiaplasty go wrong?

You have had trim labiaplasty and there is residual swelling of labia minora which is to be expected at 10 days post operative. Follow up with your operating surgeon for concerns. Best, Dr. Yegiyants 

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Did my labiaplasty go wrong?

Thank you for your question.   I would continue to wait and observe at this point.  There is still swelling around the incision lines.   The suture marks or bumps will fade with time.It is always a good idea to make your surgeon aware of your concerns and be sure to continue a close observation schedule with them while you are healing.
Best of luck.

Labiaplasty: Don't Hesitate To Contact Your Surgeon

Assessing your outcome based on photographs can be challenging.  However, in general, swelling can distort the anatomy, which may take several months to resolve and assess the final outcome.  I instruct my patients not to hesitate to contact me if they have any questions or concerns with the healing process.  I recommend that patients should address any concerns directly with the surgeon that performed the operation.   I wish you the best.

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist