Invisalign - Treatment time? (photos)

How long do you think my treatment with invisalign would be? I had braces for two years and my teeth were aligned and straight - obviously since they have since spread out. The gap in my front teeth is 3mm. I would only like to have the top portion of my teeth treated, because I am happy with my bite and appearance of the bottom teeth.

How long

Hi there,My prediction would be , that if you want only on upper invisalign aligners, would be around 6 months to a year, after you have to get couple sets of retainers!! Every time we do braces average treatment length takes  at least take 1-1.5 year, usually 2 years.  The reason for that is we want to stabilize the teeth in new position  so later on we have less chances for relapse. Relapse means teeth wants to get into their old position, we prevent that with retainer wear after completion of braces, also by slowing the process and fixing the teeth in a new position and keeping on rectrangular wires for some time, which making the roots also move into new position, strongly fixing them and forming extra bone around the roots. Again we might straightened your teeth in 6  months, but we want to keep the braces and fix teeth in new position at least for  a year and more.
Usually any orthodontic office before your diagnosis we have to collect  comprehensive orthodontic records: includes Xray, models of your jaws, several intraoral photos and based on that only the dentist will give you specifics like how long and stuff like that.
Hope that helped and good luck,
George Sahakyan DDS

Glendale Dentist

Invisalign for space closure

Since we cannot see your bite from this pictures, it it hard to give an accurate estimate. Since bite is an important part of what could be causing your upper teeth to move in the first place, it is very likely that your doctor might need to move the upper and lower teeth at the same time. Estimate length of treatment should be between 8 and 15 months.

Tanya Vaysman, DMD
New York Orthodontist