Interested in upper eyelid lift - are they dropping and am I a good candidate? (Photos)

I'd like a upper eyelid lift as I feel they droop a lot. I'm 31 years old is it normal for them to start drooping already at this age? I feel I had this problem even in my 20s and as far as I can remember so I think it maybe the way my eyelids are naturally. I am Caucasian. Would you recommended eyelid lift for me or am I worrying about nothing? Your professional opinion would really help/ thank you

Upper eyelid surgery at a young age

Upper eyelid surgery is one of the most common procedures performed at a young age for changes associated with aging.  Many people develop a small amount of redundant skin or a fatty bulge in the upper lid as early as their 20's.  Surgical correction improves the look and is long-lasting.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid lift - upper eyelid blepharoplasty

Eyelid rejuvenation is simply one of the best procedures to help appear more refreshed. This is also one of those procedures that is commonly performed at an earlier age - particularly in women. The reason for this is many adolescent woman have "extra" fat in the upper eyelid region. This is called blepharochalasis. This is completely normal but it may add to a heavier eyelid appearance. An upper blepharoplasty is an excellent option for you. While I cannot see your eyes completely it certainly appears that you would benefit from this procedure. Seek out an eyelid surgeon who specializes in cosmetic blepharoplasty so that your results will last 15 plus years. This is a fantastic option for you. Please review Dan's trueselfies eyelid video also with the attached link

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

It is difficult to tell much from the photos. If you think you need a blepharoplasty it is best to meet with a PS and be examined. 

Upper eyelid lift candidate

A full set of facial photographs including the  eyelids are required to be sure you are a candidate for  the  surgical procedure. The primary goal of eyelid surgery is to remove the hooded excess upper eyelid skin and a small amount of fat creating the tired look. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

Upper eyelid issue

I am sorry but it is difficult at best to see what your upper eyelids look like with the images being covered.

The photo does not help us know what is at issue in your eyelids.

It is very difficult to idenitify someone from just an eye strip. However it would substantially help us understand your concerns.  Please consider reposting an eyestrip so we can be more specific about your surgical concerns.

Upper eyelid lift in your 20s

Thanks for the question.  Age is never a determining factor for whether or not an upper eyelid lift can be done.  Although the pictures are less than optimal for evaluation, it appears that you may have an issue with brow ptosis (drooping brows) as well as a possible brow asymmetry.  A full examination by a board-certified plastic surgeon in the office will determine what is the best option to address your concerns.

Age/Eyelids

What is more important is whether or not your concerns can be reasonably predictably and safely improved through surgery. I have certainly performed eyelid lifts and even brow lift on appropriate patients in their twenties. Schedule an in-person consultation to evaluate your options and learn the risks and benefits so that you can decide.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD