How long after a Tummy Tuck surgery is good to have sex?

Intercourse after a Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. Depending on the extent of your abdominoplasty and your general physical condition. Any sexual activity should be avoided for a minimum of two weeks.Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Sex after Surgery

This largely depends on how extensive your procedure was. Always best to check with your plastic surgeon for the best advice. I generally allow most of my tt patients to have sex after six weeks with the woman in the top position so she is in control to make it less likely for an injury to occur.

#sexaftersurgery
#TT
#tummytuck

One can resume strenuous activities such as sexual intercourse after four to six weeks...

Usually, one can resume strenuous activities such as sexual intercourse four to six weeks after an abdominal surgery. But this varies from person to person. It depends on how fast your body has recovered, and your wounds have healed. You may ask your surgeon on your follow up check up if he can give you clearance for it.

Strenuous activity should probably be avoided for 6 weeks after tummy tuck.

HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO WAIT

THE ANSWER IS 6-8 WEEKS AFTER SURGERY TO ENGAGE IN ANY SORT OF SEXUAL ACTIVITY. THE DOCTOR WILL INFORM YOU ON ALL THIS DURING THE CONSULTATION 

Tummy Tuck : When can I have Sex?

The classic answer is 6 weeks. By this time muscles have healed and increased abdominal pressure will not cause injury. This is a similar recommendation for hernia repairs.

Everyone is different, however.
Go slowly and listen to your own body.
Some may need longer than 6 weeks.

Hope this helps!

Dr Chris Saunders

Christopher Saunders, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

I routinely recommend patients wait 6 weeks and when patients feel comfortable engaging in sexual activity.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

Sex After Tummy Tuck

I would wait 4 to 6 weeks before resuming sexual activity.  Discuss this with your surgeon for his recommendation.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Sex after Tummy Tuck

I read an answer to this question from another surgeon that was so good that I now incorporate it into my answer. I can't remember the surgeon, but he said "Having sex is a little like riding a bike-you can do it at varying intensities. It's still bike riding whether you take a leisurely stroll on the beach, or you race all out."
So for the question of when is it okay to have sex, I tell my patients that it's probably going to be at least 3 or 4 weeks, maybe longer for the strenuous sex, but they can take a "stroll along the beach" whenever they feel like it.
Having said that, ask your surgeon or his/her nursing staff.

Sex after tummy tuck

I would recommend waiting 6 weeks prior to resuming full sexual activity. At that time, your healing should be quite solid.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon