Do I need a lift as well, or should high profile be enough? What kind of lift might I need? (Photo)

Hello. Was wondering if you could tell me if i need a lift or maybe just high profile? Interested in getting either silicone or gummy bears 350-400cc. Right now i am a deflated 36b but im pretty positive im going to need a lift? Can you tell me which kind of lift? Thank you!

Breast Lift and Implant Options

Your pictures suggest that you would be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation combined with breast lift surgery. Under these circumstances, breast lift surgery is utilized to re-shape the breasts and lift the nipple areolas into normal position. This usually requires removal of excess skin in multiple dimensions.

Although your pictures are helpful, it's difficult assessing the degree of breast sag without a physical examination. Your pictures suggest that you would be a good candidate for a lollipop mastopexy, but an anchor type mastopexy can't be ruled out.

Breast implants aren't only utilized to increase breast size but to provide upper breast fullness as well. The size of breast implant utilized depends upon the patient's aesthetic goals and anatomic findings. Most patients want harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures. They also want a natural look with superior breast fullness.

If you're considering the combination of breast augmentation and breast lift surgery, it's appropriate to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

A vertical lift plus breast implants may be your best option.

Base of your photographs a lollipop lift with a vertical component will be needed to adequately elevate the nipple and improve your breast shape.  Breast implants in the 350 cc to 400 cc range should be feasible placed in the submuscular location.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

Do I need a lift as well, or should high profile be enough? What kind of lift might I need?

Thanks for your question. Based on your photo you need a  vertical lift (Lollipop scar) with an arureola reduction with a breast augmentation. A physical exam is needed to make any formal recommendations. Best wishes

Manuel Marte, MD

Treatment

Your photo shows notable sagging.  Based on your photo, I would likely recommend a lift with your augmentation.  A physical exam is needed to make any formal recommendations.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Full Breast Lift with Breast Augmentation

You would probably benefit from a full breast lift at the time of your breast augmentation.  All three incisions are likely necessary:

• horizontal
  • nipple
  • vertical

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

What kind of lift

I agree with you that a breast lift in your case will be required. I do not think a large implant will give you a well-positioned nipple on top of the new mound. As to which lift, it will depend on what size implant is placed. A smaller implant choice might require more skin removal and a longer incision, probably an inverted t while a larger implant will likely need what we call a lollipop incision, so no horizontal incision. Best to discuss the option of size and incision with your selected surgeon for more information.

Julio Garcia, MD

Lift with implants

Based upon the photo you posted it looks like you need a lift. Implants will give you more volume but will not lift the  breasts.

What kind of lift might I need?

I agree with the other physicians in that you absolutely need a breast lift as well as implants.  The best result with that much skin laxity is a lift that leaves you 'anchor' scars.  In my experience, that gives the most natural appearance and removes all of the excess skin.  The scars fade very well over several years and are easily hidden by bras or bathing suits.  Silicone implants, either smooth or textured, are the implants of choice for the vast majority of my patients.  I prefer the textured implants from Sientra but also offer smooth implants.  

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

How to decide if breast lift is needed with breast augmentation

Yes, you definitely need a lift as your nipples are at or below your crease. If you wish to be larger than an implant for fat transfer to your breast and in particular the upper portion would be required. A lollipop type of short scar lift can be done to have more of your breast higher on your chest wall. In my opinion you have lost a lot of your upper portion of your breast that is typical after childbirth or weight loss. An implant or fat transfer (from your tummy ) can help that problem at the time of your lift. If you chose an implant the silicone implant will be more natural in feel.

Breast augment only

I am presuming you want to increase volume and a mastopexy only is not an option. If you went for an augment only then the nipple areola would be low and not in an aesthetic position. You would need  mastopexy as a second stage. I think a one stage mastopexy implant would be a better option for you and I think you would be best with an anchor incision with lower pole reinforcement. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon