What is the best way to improve dark eye circle and eye bags? (photo)

I think the skin under my eyes are thinning out and I'm lossing fat on my face. My dark eye circle and eye bags are getting worse. What's the best way to improve this situation? Should I inject sculpture into my cheek?? Tks

Eye bags

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

What is the best way to improve dark eye circle and eye bags?

Fraxel® light resurfacing is my got to treatment of choice for under eye area. As this is a very innovative technique, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Under Eye Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under eye hollows. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lower blepharoplasty

The best option is to remove the excess fat from the lower eyelids and that will correct the shadow effect. After that if there is still some loose skin then you can undergo laser treatments like ResurFx to help improve skin quality. 

Regards

Dr J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

You will benefit from fillers for sure

I am not sure if Sculptra will be the best choice, the photo does not show your whole face. But you will benefit from fillers. Also, I believe you will really like trans-conjunctival blepharoplasty.  

Based on the limited information, fillers may help but a lower eyelid blepharoplasty will likely give the best results. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Tips for Undereye Improvement

You present a case where a profile view would provide a better assessment. Dermal fillers, such as Restylane, injected in the hollowed areas under the eye can help bring that area forward and into the light to eliminate the shadowing that appears as a dark circle. A profile view would show whether your condition is that of a negative vector orbit, where the eyeball sits somewhat forward of the cheek bone. In that case, a tear trough implant is recommended.  Sculptra will not solve your issue.  

Gilbert Lee, MD