Do implants have long-term negative consequences?

Do silicone implants -- for the jaw, the chin, the cheekbones, and the forehead -- have any long-term drawbacks or risks? I'm a teenager considering them, but I don't want to get them if they'll pose a danger for me/make me look awful when I'm older.

Facial Implants

Facial implants have long been used in plastic surgery and are safe. It is best to visit a bc plastic surgeon for an exam to see if you are a candidate for these kinds of procedures.

This is why implant surgery is not performed on teenagers

As a teenager you are not in a position to obtain these operation, for the specific reason that you need to be of majority age to make decisions that may affect you in the future.

Implants

Breast implants do not typically have long-term consequences unless you choose an implant that is too large for your body to accommodate (thinning of the breast skin, sagging, etc.).  For facial implants, the chin implant is a great option for people.  I personally don't do cheek or jaw implants as I feel they may become more noticeable when you are much older, and we have an excellent array of filler options to produce excellent results without the need for an implant.
I recommend consulting with a local/regional plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Silicone implants

Thanks for your question. Silicone breast implants do not have long terms negative consequences, but there is a chance that silicone facial implants may, especially if you have them placed at a young age. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a thorough exam and consultation.

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

Breast implants will not have any affect of your face, but facial implants can slowly erode bone over time in some people. Loosing bone can make you look older. I would suggest discussing all your concerns and desires with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon