Is it possible for me to get implants without a breast lift, and it still look nice? Or do I absolutely need a lift? (photos)

A combination of a breast augmentation with a lift may offer you the best results.

Judging by your photos, your breasts have some sag to them. There also appears to be asymmetry between the right and left breasts. The added weight of breast implants could cause your breasts to sag further. By removing excess skin, a breast lift can elevate the breasts for a more rejuvenated position, while implants will add volume to help you attain your desired size. A breast lift could also correct breast asymmetry for a more balanced look. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon for best results.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift or just implants?

Your photos show breasts that are drooping and would need a breast lift for the best result.  A breast lift alone would make your breast a little smaller, so you would probably also want a breast implant.  Adding a breast implant to the breast lift would  give you a breast proportional to your shape.  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Lift with Implants

You need a lift (mastopexy) + implants.  Breast Augmentation is an excellent way to both add volume to smaller breasts and when combined with a lift, it can restore a youthful appearance for breasts, like yours, that have started to droop or sag. No one wants a mastopexy (lift) but unfortunately some women need them. I would strongly discourage just implants. Implants will cause your breast to sag further and your result will be less than desirable, and will highlight the assemetry they already have. Best Of Luck.

Is it possible for me to get implants without a breast lift, and it still look nice? Or do I absolutely need a lift?

Without a lift, your breasts may not look right after placing implants. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, a breast lift with implants would be a good option.  The lift would help to shape your breasts in addition to the implants.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Implants Without a Breast Lift

It looks like a breast lift could be of benefit to you at the time of your augmentation; the right side looks a bit droopier than the left, but the left side may be close to not needing a lift. For a definitive recommendation, a physical exam would be most helpful. For patients with a significant degree of breast droop, a breast implant isn't enough to account for the droopy position of the breast tissue. Some patients that need a breast lift and opt to just have an augmentation end up with a snoopy deformity (think of Snoopy's nose as being a droopy nipple/areolar falling off the implant mound - Snoopy's ear); signing up for a look that gives you a known deformity is suboptimal. That being said, "needing" a lift is a relative thing - you don't technically need to do anything - as long as you are well-informed about what results you can expect with what surgery :)

Ashley B. Robey, MD

Lift without implants

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  I would suggest that you will not get the position shape and symmetry that you would like with an implant

Do I need a Breast Lift or only Breast Augmentation?

Determining the need for a Breast Lift involves a number of considerations, some of them related to patient choices such as size and desired "perkiness", and others related to existing anatomy. Generally speaking the amount of skin visible beneath the areola is a quick indicator of the need for a lift. If there is very little skin visible beneath the areola then the need for a lift is much more likely. Significant differences in breast symmetry also make the possibility of a lift more likely. Your photos show some asymmetry and less skin visible beneath the areola, so I would expect a lift is necessary, but an examination by a Plastic Surgeon will obviously be necessary to determine this.

Douglas Leppink, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible for me to get implants without a breast lift and have it look nice?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination or full series of photographs it appears that you would most likely benefit from a lift at the time of your augmentation to improve the shape of your breasts and reposition your nipple and areola into a more youthful position.  Hope that this helps.

Breast implants won't Give you a lift.

Most women I see with your shape prefer a lift as well as implants. Implants will give you size, lift will give you a better shape. 

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon