I had my split on my columella corrected and filled in with cartilidge. What caused this split? (photos)

For as long as I can remember I've had a split /line showing of the lower lateral cartilidges? I haven't seen it on anyone else and had always felt abnormal. I had this corrected and filled in with rhinoplasty. (By a strut I believe) I'm still Confused as to what it was and why I had it and I don't see it on other people. What are the causes?

Cleft or crease in the columella

That is the space between the medial cura of the lower cartilages.  In people with firm cartilage and thin skin it can be visible.