I would like to have smooth lower thighs, especially in the front; is that an area that can be treated with Cellfina?

Now that pantyhose are no longer in fashion I'd like to have the fronts of my lower thighs treated, so that I look decent in skirts. I haven't seen any pictures of anyone who has had that area done. Is it possible to treat mild cellulite in that area?

Cellfina treatment

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.  Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.  It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or  Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Dimpling on the front of the thighs

Cellfina was FDA approved to treat cellulite dimpling in the backs of the thighs and buttocks area.  In these areas, Cellfina treats the areas of dimpling that are caused by fibrous bands pulling down on the skin and creating the cellulite appearance.  However, dimpling can come from several other sources.  I have seen several "Cellfina" consults, where patients are concerned with the dimpling on the lower portion of the front of the thighs.  While this appears to be cellulite dimpling, this is more textural irregularity from tissue that has looseness (laxity), which creates a dimpled appearance.  This kind of dimpling does not have the fibrous band that Cellfina treats, and therefore, Cellfina treatment to this area would produce no beneficial results.  In our practice, we typically send these patients to our body countouring specialist to be evaluated for trusculpt to the area.  Trusculpt is a radiofrequency device that uses heat to eliminate fat cells and tighten the overlying skin.  This will not give full correction, but of course is a great option for women with concerns of dimpling in the lower front portion of the thighs. As with any aesthetic procedure, finding the right candidates is key in optimizing results an creating satisfied patients.  Cellfina is a great option for women with true cellulite fibrous bands, but unfortunately, this is not usually the cause of dimpling on the front lower portion of the thighs.

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Can Cellfina help?

Cellfina works well in areas of skin dimpling with good surrounding skin tone. Without a picture, it's hard to say for sure but most likely your lower thighs would benefit from a skin tightening procedure. Obtain a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area experienced in Cellfina and skin tightening modalities.

Cellulite -- Vaser Smooth, ThermiRF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Subcision

Cellfina can be used on small areas but larger ones will cause the front of the knees to drop and thermiRF with thermage or ultherapy would be useful.  I inject sculptra to this area to get more collagen.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cellulite on the fronts of thighs

A photo would be very helpful to determine whether the front of your thighs can be treated with Cellfina.  Cellfina is an excellent treatment for dimple- cellulite which is typically seen on the buttocks and thighs.  If what you are seeing is more sagging lax skin, Ultherapy can be used to tighten the skin.  It is best to have an in-person consultation/evaluation to determine the best treatments for you.

Hi hope this helps!
Good luck!
Dr. Quenby Erickson

Without a photo this is difficult to answer, however, Cellfina works best on a cellulite dimple which are often prominent on the butt and thighs.  The front of the leg area can have cellulite but often is an area where the skin begins to sag and lose it's elasticity.  If you have cellulite dimples on the front of your legs then Cellfina would work well but not if excess or saggy skin is the issue.

John Burns, MD

Cellulite thighs Cellfina...

Thank you for your question.  Yes, Cellfina can be used on the anterior thighs with excellent results.  Remember, Cellfina will only work for dimple cellulite so I advise you to follow up with a board certified Dermatologist/PS who has experience with the Cellfina system to properly evaluate and manage your anterior thighs.  It is important when treating the anterior thighs to keep the Cellfina system parallel to the long axis of the thigh and not treat at an angle as that can lead to complications, as opposed to on the buttocks, posterior thigh area the Cellfina system can be used at any angle.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon