i am looking to have silicone injections in my lips. Can you give me some information about the procedure? (Photo)

Risk of silicon injections in lips

Regards,

Liquid silicone is unsafe, please do not use it ever. The autoimmune response could be triggered by this substance, if you look around on th Internet, you will find patients that have a lot of problems with this product. The use for lips and other areas is off label. The inical use is for retine problems.  

Do not use silicone injections. Both silicone 1000 and silicone 5000 are silicones. It does not matter if it is dense or less dense, if it has more weight or less molecular weight, the problem is that the immune system reacts against them and produces inflammations and degeneration of the tissues, then the recommendation is not to inject it. If you search in the Internet you will find positive comments, but also search negative comments from people who had complications with this product. If you want to increase your lips, use hyaluronic acid, for example Juvederm, that is safe and effective.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos.

Risk of silicon injections in lips

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Regards,

Removing silicone in the lips in Los Angeles

Silicone can cause lifelong problems with your lips. Avoid these in favor of HA fillers. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Lip injections

I would avoid silicon lip injections if possible. I have seen a lot of issues with free silicone around the face, and many times it is difficult to impossible to remove.

Lip injections

Depending on your examination, microdroplet Silikon-1000 may be considered for permanent lip augmentation.

In our practice, we prefer using Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results, for natural-looking lip augmentation. Treatments may be performed with topical anesthetic, and there is typically no downtime. The serial-puncture, microdroplet technique must be used, and the experience of your surgeon or dermatologist is important for achieving favorable results.

Hope this helps you.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hope this helps you.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon